wfdeacon88
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freiheit View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfdeacon88 View Post
One piece of advice just based on my regrets/experience (purely my opinion) but go get it properly/professionally detailed soon after you get it.. polished and coated.. depending on where and how much you intend to drive it, I'd drop the 1.5-2K to get it perfect up front and then you can maintain it at top level from there. just a random thought based on what I would do with a phenomenal spec if I had one.
Or consider getting a PPF on there. My car has the previous gen 3M film (Invisiguard?), a whole body treatment installed when the car was new in 2011. Even though the windshield has a billion (I counted them) tiny stone chips in it, the paint looks perfect. The PPF did its job. I'll eventually have the glass replaced, but thats a lot easier to do then repaint the car.

Only drawback to the film, assuming you go top shelf and get XPel, its pricey. I think its $7k to get the whole car done with that stuff.
PPF would be nice on a spec like that, but it would require the 100% detail before being worth it... The detail is the key, then depending on how much he plans to drive it, add the PPF or Ceramic coating. But gotta get those dings and swirls fixed #1 on a 46K car.
Appreciate 0