View Single Post
      02-19-2020, 07:41 PM   #7
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pig Farmer View Post
Just ordered a BMS pan this weekend. I was torn between the Slon, SSP and BMS pan. The Slon pan is obviously a nice piece of kit with the extended pickup, but I wasn't comfortable with the possibility of experiencing shipping delays. BTW, The Slon pan and side cover are now listed on eBay. The BMS pan adds ~1 liter of additional capacity similar to the Slon pan, but doesn't include the pickup extension. The SSP adds ~2 liters of additional capacity and no pickup extension. I couldn't find actual measurements on how deep the BMS and SSP pans are online. I settled on the BMS since I was a bit concerned that the SSP pan may sit too low. I'll post measurements of the BMS and OE pans after the install. I'm not overly concerned with not having the pickup extension. I plan on performing the +1 liter overfill procedure similar to what is done on the GTS. With the extra capacity of the pan, this should result in 2 additional liters of fluid and raise the level of fluid well above the pickup.
FWIW - I lost a motor on my 996 due to oil starvation on my first ever track day. Trust me I wasn't hitting major G's that day. It had a deep sump oil pan installed by PÓ. When disassembled it was discovered that there was no pickup extension to go along with deep pan. I wouldn't consider installing a larger pan (oil, transmission, etc) without an extension to the pickup.
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 3
SYT_Shadow11490.00
BayE301341.00
kyippee1073.00