View Single Post
      05-09-2019, 01:58 PM   #91
Tommysalami
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Yeah, what are your toe settings? That inner wear looks like toe + camber wear probably just from normal driving. I wouldn't worry about it since the track miles will probably wear your tires before that inside shoulder becomes a problem

For optimum camber it's probably best to buy or borrow a pyrometer and measure hot temps across the tire, shooting for around 5 degree increase from outside to middle, and middle to inside (hottest temperatures on the inside). I have this one https://www.amazon.com/Joes-Racing-5.../dp/B005JVFTTM
It's not perfect since whichever turn you took last will influence your measurements, but it's better and quicker feedback than using tire wear alone.

-2.0 is probably good for the rear if you're getting even wear. That seems to be around the range people run. But I imagine you'll need at least -2.5 in the front, maybe more depending how much you're limiting body roll and loss of camber, etc. Strut cars tend to need more. I've heard stories of Porsche Cup cars running in the range of -5 degrees up front. I was getting even wear across my Rival S in my Miata with -3.5 deg, and that's on a double wishbone car, albeit for autocross and not the track.
Appreciate 0