View Single Post
      10-13-2015, 11:30 AM   #42
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genericuser1 View Post
I attempted to reset my rear brake service before reading this thread and now it's showing front and rear pads need to be replaced which they don't. So in theory I should be able to disconnect and reconnect the pad sensors from their harness and reset the interval again?

Or if that doesn't work jump all three (think there is only one in the rear) all at the same time?

Or I can buy 3 new sensors from ECS and replace them?
No, it will know that you just unplugged and re-plugged your old sensors. It measures the resistance in the sensor and it'll look for a new sensor (has different resistance). Jumping it gives it the same idea that it has a new sensor plugged so that will work. But if you plug in your old sensor again, it will reduce the mileage count down.

Jumping it and plugging back in the old ones tricked it at first but reduced the mileage count down. It reset to 20k miles when I jumped it. When I plugged in the old sensor, it changed the mileage left to 1000 miles. And then it counted down to 0 miles from there.

I ended up just replacing the sensors. Sensors are cheap but they can be a pain in the ass to reach and replace i.e. the rear one needs you to remove the fender liner.