05-04-2015, 07:45 PM   #75
BNBM3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 E92

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by s85e90 View Post
Finally, some common sense around here. The other posts are laughable at best. Police departments don't do this period!

Also good point about registered mail verus reg mail and the red light cameras. Pretty smart..

In Florida, a red light SCAMera violation will show up via regular mail, too. And if you throw it away, it turns into a traffic citation. If you ignore that, license suspended. Keep driving and get pulled over, go to jail. All via non-tracked USPS mail. Lovely. Don't assume because it's not registered mail that you can just ignore it.

As for going to the police station to discuss "speeding" ... I don't know the laws in Wisconsin, but I lean towards throw that F@$#ker away... It's not a violation, ticket, or anything. And if I did show up, the first words out of my mouth would be "Am I free to go?" and that's about ALL I would say until they respond in the affirmative.

To another commenter who said we are disrespecting the police and acting as though they are the mafia.... well, there is some truth to that. I would only point to the City of Sunrise (near where I live) and their drug dealing scam. I would point to the red light camera scams. And point to the fact that any question asked by the police while investigating YOU is NOT to help them prove your innocence. I have family and friends in law enforcement who are absolute rock stars, who are psychologists, who help families, children, you name it. But don't, for a second, confuse the police acting in an official manner as your friend.
Active Autowerke Gen 2 Level 2 SC / StopTech ST60/40 BBK

Last edited by BNBM3; 05-04-2015 at 07:54 PM..
Appreciate 0