08-25-2012, 08:18 PM   #17
hpc3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 G80 Base, Build Week 12

With PCD they give you a car to track that is similar to the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
So your sig says you are doing PDC. If so, let me ask you something....I was just reading the owners manual about the break in period. Something about being particularly careful for the first 300 miles: not flooring it at all and not taking it above 5,500 rpm. Then for the first 1,200 miles: again, not exceeding 5,500 rpm and WOT for short durations only.

When you do PDC, don't you take your car on their track? It would be difficult to keep within these parameters if so.
One you order. I haven't been since March(we do business functions at the PC occasionally) but I've heard All the M3s now are '12 Competition coupes(they used to use the sedans a lot, almost exclusively for PC cars). Also everything on site is a MDCT or automatic (135, 335, 550, etc...) so I'll have a DCT in whatever coupe I get vs the 6sp I ordered. I won't get to drive my car until after lunch when we go across the street for the factory and museum tour... And then home (which for me is 1.5hrs) up I-85. Ill have to see what the break-in requirements are now but expecting the same 1200 mi term with no driving over 100 mph or 5500rpms until the fluids are changed. I'll be doing lots of trips lol... Need to get that first service done pronto

Born on July 4th, 2012, PCD September 5th, 2012.
Appreciate 0