Thread: JRZ RS1 shocks.
View Single Post
      05-24-2012, 02:23 PM   #107
CJ421
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Garage List
Just thought I'd chime in here - I have ordered VAC's JRZ RS1 kit including AC Schnitzer springs and Ground Control camber plates. VAC was able to special order them for me to accommodate the M3-style rear camber link (which I have but haven't installed since they don't work with stock 335 shocks). I am not sure what the spring rates are; they should lower the car 1.2" from stock M sport suspension ride height. I did not opt for the any height adjustability on the RS1s.

I was looking for a single adjustable, very high quality damper. I was between the JRZs and some Nitron NTR R1s, which look great but there's just not enough feedback on 'em and VAC has been using JRZ for many years on their race cars. JRZ came highly recommended! I inspected them at the shop and they're very high quality indeed. Beautiful workmanship.

I'll be adding them to my Quaife LSD, full M3 susp (OEM M3 front control arms/tension struts, strut tower brace, front/rear sway bars, rear subframe bushings, rear guide rods and wishbones), Rogue rear toe arms, and adjustable sway bar end-links.

I have tracked my car stock, then with all the mods listed above, and will track again with the JRZ kit very soon after it's installed. I am hoping to have them installed in about two weeks from now and hit the track the week after. VERY excited!