View Single Post
      07-16-2019, 09:48 PM   #3
Chromey
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 E93 M3

I’ve driven both as well and all most bought a gt350 and still want one to this day but I think it’s best as a second car vs a daily even though it can be a daily. I agree with shrike on so many points.. the e92 although I have a e93 but have driven a few e92 stick and dct , feels a lot more refined especially in build quality. I personally don’t like the stock feel on Manual e92 or most bmw manuals to be honest and the gt350 I felt was miles ahead in that department, the shifter feel was one of the best I’ve tried... clutch was lighter than I prefer but that seems to be how newer cars are these days. For me the gt350 was no doubt quicker and more exciting to drive. Once it hit 5500rpm it just flys where I find the m3 more linear throughout the range.. I found myself short shifting early in the stang as like Shrike was saying the gearing is long and just mentally you think you need to shift but really there is 1500 more rpm to go lol.. due to the huge front tires the car jigs and chives at every bump which can start to get a bit annoying, at least to me.. felt like the alignment was out.. the sound well both are one of the best sounding cars made and especially for the money.. long term reliability isn’t 100% proven yet although most say that engine with all the vibration may not last that long... time will tell. I’m not sure in the states but here in Canada they have held there value very well. 2016 are around 60k -65k used and have been like that for the last year and a bit. I’ve tracked all sales in Canada for over a year straight, some are now in the 56k-60 range but most over 60k.. interior is a bit better than most say I felt with some nice touches like the Alcantara steering wheel and gauge pods etc and the 2017 on had softer materials on the doors etc although not advertised by ford but it’s there. If I had a daily truck or other car I would take the gt350 easily over a m3 but if it was just my one car the m3 is a much better car I think. Honestly test drive a gt350 as it’s just a great experience even if you don’t buy one. Both cars I think will be worth money in time... or should I say both will appreciate over time due to there engaging driving experience. All I can say is I still want one and will hopefully get one soon. Gt350 that is.
Appreciate 0