View Single Post
      06-04-2018, 11:09 PM   #1
tlrid3r
just another M3
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Antigravity ATX-30rs

I recently decided to install a light weight battery on my E92 M3 6MT, I considered many different types and end up choosing an Anti-gravity ATX-30rs, the RS is their new line of restart technology battery with built-in BMS. There is a good thread where some good points were brought up.
( http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=787176 )

After Driving for a few days, I drove down 3 hours to Buttonwillow raceway. I was at the track all day with 25 restart for in and out of track, getting gas and air.
Had a drive to work with 1 hour of stop and go traffic. The battery is still working well.

At home I keep it on a Lithium charger recommended by Antigravity (Optimate LiFePO4 Lithium 12 Volt 5 A Battery Charger/ Tester) I also purchased a terminal adapter. (XS Power 580 Short Brass Post Adaptor (M6 Thread)) from amazon, to assist a proper install. I designed a mounting tray and holder on CAD and 3D printed it. Should be good for 30lbs, the ATX-30rs weighs about 5lbs. I designed it so it fits on factory points and uses the same holder, no modification made to the car. I did have to modify the positive bus terminal, I cut the excess area so it will fit over the battery and not obstruct the terminals. Here is a little info on the battery
. I designed a new cover for the newly sized positive bus.

I can share my CAD drawings for free just shoot an PM and I'll send the files. Sorry I'm not making or selling this, just sharing my outcome of the battery being a option for e9x platform. I know that antigravity is making new battery mounting trays but it wasn't on time for me so I made my own.

The pictures below show the weight of the factory battery and install pics

///M3... Don't want more power, Just want it to turn sharper one step closer each time. -Ohlins TTX Raceline, PolePostions seats, Akrapovic EVO, ARC-8, 1/2 Cage, Seat Delete, Stoptech BBK, solid Subframe and diff bushing, spherical bearing on everything.

Last edited by tlrid3r; 06-06-2018 at 10:59 AM.. Reason: updated pics
Appreciate 6
eternallx252.00
Ngilbe361618.50
roastbeef11586.00
exVtekGuy115.00
DrFerry6728.50