10-26-2007, 08:00 PM   #16
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: *

Quote:
Originally Posted by K3N R3D View Post
I think in these pictures it shows how the M3 sets itself apart from the rest. Even with the kit on the 335i, the M3 looks so much better from all angles. The front apron is wider, and more agressive, and I'm glad the shape is different. As for the back that quad exhaust with rear diffuser looks so much better on the M3. Sells me even more on the new M3
I guess it just boils down to everyone's own views

I like the wideness of the M3 but that's just not enough. When you see the M3, the first thing that captures your eye isnt how wide it is, it's the bodywork. The bumpers have the same ground clearance as the Msport versions and arent even chunkier. That's what I loved about the E46, it was so raw and chunky. It was more of an icon...

Today I seen the car in Jerez Black. I've got to say the sidevents dissapoint me too. They're just huge chrome strips that stand out too much. I still hate the powerdome too. Even in Jerez Black it's too big and strange looking...

As for the rear of the car it's very fussy. I wish it had a chunky bumper instead of a fussy diffuser that from a distance looks like a 335i with quads and mesh...I'm dissapointed with the looks of the new M3 to say the least...