View Single Post
      06-20-2009, 05:33 AM   #89
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitramsen View Post
Exactly my point for a mechanical issue. Why would they introduce a lag via software if this is not a physical related phenomen?
I don't know that I understand your logic.

One theory, for example, is that the fix to the stalling issue resulted in the lag issue. I've explained in the past how this could be the case. Granted that still doesn't rule out some underlying hardware issue, but it certainly does not confirm one either. So, again, I don't see your logic.

Quote:
But how many of you have actually tried to trace the error via OBDII or CAN?
We haven't, but apparently there is an aftermarket solution in the works (the thread was linked a ways back). Presumably these folks have done this, or at least tried, because they claim to have a solution to the lag. Of course, their software is not yet available so we don't have proof yet.

Quote:
I assume few so why don't you Swamp2 use your Math,Physics with limited development exprience to tried to get some hard facts for your postulates.
Probably because he hasn't had the time and resources. I don't suppose you can back up your theory with facts either? Remember, the Ferrari California uses this same transmission with no lag, as reported by at least one forum member. Now, are we sure the transmission didn't get some hardware changes? No, we cannot be 100% certain of that. But it is reportedly the same part number.
Appreciate 0