jritt@essex
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, NSX, 997.2, 987.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Caveman View Post
Hi Essex,

In the interests of transparency and being able to make informed purchase decisions, could you please reveal the piston sizes of the calipers you supply in the kit, so we can compare them to stock and see what the overall effect will be on pedal travel and front/rear bias?

Stoptech openly provide this information, so I hope you can too.

Many thanks,

Mart.
Of course. We are transparent with all of the data regarding our kits. You can see the piston bores by clicking the 'technical specifications' tab on any of our brake kit listings. Please refer to the photo below for its location (bottom left corner, highlighted red). The other tabs beside it show detailed installation instructions, downloadable wheel fitment templates, spares, etc.

Providing as much product knowledge as possible is a foundation of our approach. When I'm shopping for components for my personal cars, I despise not having the information I want. When we built our website, our goal was to provide as much info as we possibly could. I think you'll find that we have more publicly available data about our kits than any of our competitors. I also believe that if we need to hide something about our kits from potential customers, then we shouldn't be doing it!

Maintaining proper brake bias with the OEM master cylinder is also a tenet of our brake kit program. Our kits are truly bolt-on, and you can expect them to integrate smoothly with ABS and any other brake controls on the car. In just about every case, we are within a couple % of OEM brake bias. On the e90 chassis, we have a long list of satisfied owners, many of which are here on the forums. They can attest to our kits' ease of install and the seamless integration. You can see lots of owner feedback on our blog:

Essex Parts Blog

You can feel free to ask anything about our kits that you can't find on our site, although if you consume all of the info on our site, you'll realize that just about all your questions will be answered. Thanks for your consideration!

Appreciate 0