View Single Post
      06-03-2019, 06:51 PM   #10
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

I've had the situation where I trusted a friend who owned a detail shop in putting on PPF on my brand new Ducati. The install looked horrible and when I looked closely, saw clear razor blade marks in the pristine paint. Had to get the affected sections of the bike repainted. Pretty much ended the friendship.

When I had to have the front end of my 135i rebuilt from hitting a deer, I inquired about the cost of PPF on my car. Was floored by the estimate I got. It was cheaper to have the front end repainted again if needed. Because the car no longer has full factory paint, I dropped the PPF idea. I wasn't thinking at the time but would have had the PPF done before taking delivery of my car from the dealership or would have had it applied shortly after taking my car home.

What I have done is used the clear film on the headlight lens on my cars. The cost to do just the headlights was reasonable.
Appreciate 0