View Single Post
      03-03-2023, 03:15 PM   #9
vbb
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 manual

Thanks for the quick replies and I always appreciate more. To answer a few:
Yes, for sure my house my rules. My wife and I don't believe that we should just outright ban all social media usage (as was pointed out, they're going to do it anyway), but we certainly aren't enabling it. I have been very vocal about the "why" I won't let them have their own Instagram and TikTok accounts right now. I point out how their friends aren't doing anything with their accounts other than seeking attention and trying to be their version of popular. I've mentioned that if they wanted to have a social media account to engage with others that share their hobbies (art, music, sports) that's one thing, but if they want accounts just to post pictures of themselves day in and day out, that's not permitted or even wise. I think they understand...but one can never know for sure.

As to others, I always find it laughable that grown people who have clearly profited off of their fame (views, likes, followers, whatever) then claim to be getting bullied if someone comments that they don't like their hairstyle, clothing or think they look fat or whatever. It's like they're only allowed to be complimented and admired. While that's what they may want, again, it's just not how any of that works.
Appreciate 2