View Single Post
      08-02-2007, 09:44 PM   #25
nmROD
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by fll335 View Post
I had two STI's (04,05) before the 335 and I will say to run 11.7 you need a lot more than a MBC (did I say ALOT). BTW a manual boost control is the worst mod you can put in a Subaru just ask any real Subaru tuner. IF the Suby driver knows how to lauch and that almost never happens then yes it should run in front of the 335 from 0 to about 50.

edit 11.7 second STI the car was tuned with the following parts:
- Crucial downpipe and racepipe
- Crucial P&P&C OEM headers
- HKS Catback
- UR EWG UP with Tial 38mm
- APS turbo inlet
- APS 65mm CAI
- Hallman MBC
- Walbro fuel pump
- Deatchswerks 650cc injectors
- 1 Step colder plugs

The 11.7 suby had a little more than I thought, I had stopped reading afer the "thats it thats all part", I unlike you still don't consider that to be ALOT of mods. I also think that you should add more than saying most real suby tuners frown away from mbcs, the facts are most subys sould be tuned for them to be safe, thay are a cheaper way to controle boost and from my personal xp more reliable than ebcs, most build boost very fast and can hold it rock steady. I would say that on an 02 suby you can safely slap on a boost controle without tuning, the open loop closed loop thing doesn't apply like other years. I do agree that most suby drivers will never get the best times out of their car, but good drivers are out there. From a roll I think the 335i torque will shine, but from a dig depending on driver suby does have a chance untill that new fourth gear runs dry.
Appreciate 0