06-07-2016, 01:04 PM   #19
Special_K
Assistant to the Regional Manager
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexkingjusto View Post
I have ohlins with upgraded springs on my s2000. I upgraded to custom built penskes and it was night and day, this also with full monoballs, cage, r7's...

Just got a set of ohlins for m3 (DD), I may use it to sneak out to the track for a DE day sometime without wife knowing (a lot easier to sneak out to track without tow car, trailer, and missing race car from garage lol). I'm curious to compare how it does with the ohlins now...

My car had EDC and I had Eibach springs on there with the OE dampers. I can feel a little difference with my Ohlins R&T but quite honestly it's not night and day like you described with the S2000 (are you one their race line/ttx line?), but I was sure hoping it would be. I'm also getting about -3.0 front camber with the new camber plates so that alone probably accounts for half of the increase in handling. That being said they are still great on the rough streets around Seattle.

But I also don't see many who went with the Swift springs on the Ohlins saying that made a huge difference either. I miss the ease of adjustability with the EDC button, it's almost worth the slight increase in handling to just have that back, for aggressive street driving at least. I'm not really that keen to pull over several times and twist knobs for a few hours drive. Not an issue at the track since I'm swapping tires anyways