View Single Post
      03-16-2020, 04:50 PM   #5
Kelse92
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Former e92 M3 Owner

I was at an autocross yesterday, our usual BMW club has a 65-entry cap which was full last week well before registration ended on Friday. Ultimately, only 45 people ended up showing up and registering times yesterday. Rain might have been a small factor in that though, weather yesterday sucked. If I wasn't an addict I would have maybe not gone just 'cause of the rain haha

Our local SCCA region just today cancelled all of their events until the second week of April. That puts an autocross out for next weekend, and a time trial I was planning on going to on April 18th in jeopardy. I was also planning on flying to a national event in Vegas on March 27th, and it's been cancelled as of Friday, so I got account credits for my flight and accommodations.

Eagles Canyon Raceway seems to be having members days and an open track day this weekend as far as I know. That could change...

PCA is also having a DE there at ECR at the end of the month. As far as I know my instructor friends with them are saying that they will only be allowed to do lead-follow with students, no in-car instruction...Safety wise this worries me a bit for the most-novice students.

A friend of mine is hosting an HPDE with his private group in early April and is saying it will be business as usual since his group doesn't usually have huge attendance on purpose.

Most other HPDE Groups around here are still on as far as I'm aware for the next few weeks but recommending no helmet/equipment sharing, no comm-sharing, and closed-face helmets if at all possible.

Several of my friends were at COTA over the weekend and said they had no drivers meetings and just generally didn't much socialize with others in paddock. Guessing it will be a group-by-group decision for everyones upcoming events.

#ladydriven Heavy-spec M3 // KW Clubsports // AA x-pipe // Gintani muffler // Macht-Schnell intake // Gintani tune // OMP Seats // Too Many Apex Wheels // Stoptech ST-60 // Cobalt Friction brake pads

Last edited by Kelse92; 03-16-2020 at 05:05 PM..
Appreciate 0