View Single Post
      08-31-2011, 08:00 PM   #52
Dave2
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiation Joe View Post
Yet another douche bag cop. Simple minded dolts that somehow pass the civil service exam.

there is a prevalent logic that "loud pipes save lives". I'm a believer in that philosophy, . This cop just bunches all loud bike riders into one group because he's too simple minded to evaluate more than one factor at a time.
It appears someone has an inferiority complex and an anger issue.

First of all the modified exhaust is illegal.

Secondly this "simple-minded dolt' had a 20 year career as a police officer. This "simple-minded dolt" also has a degree in physics and electrical engineering and currently has a second career as a hardware engineering group manager at one of the country's largest defense contractors.

The fact that you believe in the philosophy that loud bikes are safe bikes just goes to show how little you do know. Sound waves travel in a straight line, with the wave widening as it moves from the source. The waves do not magically loop around to the front of the bike. The loud exhaust can only be heard from behind the bike. Reflections of the wave can be heard at other locations. You hear the loud exhaust after the bike passes you, not as it approaches you.

Essentially bikers like to pull the "loud bikes are are bikes" card out to try and not appear to be complete tools.

Oh and about those loud exhaust tickets; it did not cost me a dime to hand them out and you are going to have to do a lot better that call me names to hurt my feelings.

Thirdly, just to fire you up a bit more, this "simple-minded dolt" is currently collecting a generous pension from his police service and a salary from his current employer, who also offers a pension and 401K.

If that makes me a simple-minded dolt I can live with that.