09-26-2018, 07:20 PM   #16
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxLit View Post
Yes, the AWD was a big factor! Even with Blizzaks I found I had limited traction for much of last year. While we live in the city we frequently drive a few hours out of the city on weekends. Also, there's a chance we might relocate to a location with even more snow in the coming year. I test drove a badass 2017 C63S, which is on my bucket list of cars to own, and really enjoyed it (the rumble was awesome), but ultimately concluded I didn't want another RWD car as our only car in the winter.

Also, instead of swapping to e90, which would be essentially the same experience as I had in the E92, I wanted to try something new. I have a rather long list of cars to own before I die. Remaining are:

Lancer Evo
STI
C63s OR E63s wagon
Giulia Quadrifoglio
Some kind of Corvette (Grand Sport?)
Gallardo Nera

I agree re:sticker price. RS cars traditionally hold value well here in Canada, but were also limited to only a few years. I'm budgeting on the assumption that I've probably lost a significant portion of my down payment already due to instant depreciation when I drove the car off the lot. But I'm hoping that year to year depreciation from now on won't be too bad. At least I didn't buy when the cars were first released and selling for well above MSRP in many areas.
That's a heck of a list. E63s wagon gets a LOT of jobs done.

Guy near work has the AR Quad both you and I are after (even with established quality concerns), and I just lose my mind every time I see it. I can't get over how badly I want one...but I don't think I could commit to OWNING one.

I live where if we see an inch a year we will raise the NYSE stock value of milk and bread from that one weekend alone. AWD has never been a big concern of mine since I've always owned some type of SUV and/or truck, but I just can't get over how much of a punch the RS3 can deliver with its package. I've lost a lot of faith with VAG through some previous experiences and unfortunately have a difficult time considering another purchase...but damn does this thing look right.

WHY NO AVANT?!
Appreciate 0