View Single Post
      02-15-2012, 07:54 PM   #49
Black Gold
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Ryder View Post
All this dyno talk is for the birds. The numbers are what they are, accurate or not. I guess my goal was to give Frank a car of similar mods to compare with. I really don't care about the end result of the run. I know what my seat dyno says.....so let's get over the graphs and analyzing and go drive GSS on the 25th.......horsepower won't matter.....Richard's car has the lowest HP rating but my guess is he'll turn a faster lap time than all of us .......Phil
I guess. The dyno is a tool used for many things in my opinion. One of which is to analzye things like a tune in case a car may have one. If the tune has issues, it may not be as easy to tell on the street but you can definitely tell on the dyno.

For me and many others, this provides value and is something that is fun to analyze and try to understand. If it isnt of value to you, thats cool too.

But I think it provided valuable information, and the car will be running better as a result of having run the car on the dyno and gathering this information.

I am not sure anyone was trying to make a correlation between dyno power and who is or isnt the best driver or etc on the track. I know I wasnt trying to make that connection. I know for sure I am the worst track driver since ive never done it before lol. Looking forward to getting out there and having some fun!

Looking forward to my first time on the track. GSS should be great for those who can attend.

Last edited by Black Gold; 02-15-2012 at 08:04 PM..
Appreciate 0