View Single Post
      11-28-2022, 09:43 AM   #109
CarsAndGuitars
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
Yeah but I know I'd torch the model 3 just like I know the plaid would torch my car.

Nothing against you either my guy - especially knowing you're a Corvette dude.

It's not that I'm not a fan of them, I'd get a Tesla over any other EV any day of the week. It's just, I'm in/around my business partners Model X and Model S day in and day out and knowing how much the plaid costs, there's just no way to justify it for me. Straight line acceleration gets old real fast - it's why Hellcats are the dumbest cars on the planet.

I don't think people loathe Tesla as much as you think - you're just a pretty big fan which is fine.
I was one of the first to order a first year Challenger Scat Pack in mid-2014. It was a one of the best cruisers I ever owned. But I couldn't legally use more than ~30% of that car's potential on public roads.

I hated the HC when it came out, not because it could leave me in the dust (I don't race) but because of the turn-key excess it provided, and the scum it appeals to (not all owners, but enough to matter).

And I believe the HC was a major contributing factor in the douchebaggery that has grown in car culture as of late. Just a few weeks ago (I95 Ft Lauderdale area), some dick in a B5 blue Charger HC ran to the end of an on ramp / onto the shoulder, pulled in front of my new M240, floored it and threw a rock up and chipped my windshield, then disappeared as he weaved thru traffic. It is unfathomable to me to drive like that, risking other drivers' lives and property because you think you rule the roads.

Back in the day, you bought a respectable amount of HP, but the rest was bolt-on. Now anyone with deep pockets can write a check and buy an ICE or EV missile. They have no appreciation for the car and its ridiculous power is taken for granted, it's just a way to get recognition and "respect" on social.
NYG10840.50
minn1914063.00
Cos270608.50