View Single Post
      03-01-2018, 03:35 PM   #50
Iyzmi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT ESS625

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
And if he wants ZCP wheels I think he would better off with 275/35's or possibly 285/30 but there are very few 285/30 options. There are a zillion wheel options for the e92 that can better accommodate a 295. I can't believe there isn't a single wheel in existence that he doesn't like as much as a ZCP. But either way it's a compromise. Limiting the options to ZCP wheels requires that he compromise with either (1) A sub-par 295 fitment or (2) A narrower tire that fits better on a 10" wheel. I would choose option 2.
Nah, there really isn't a better looking wheel for this platform from what I've seen, especially within a reasonable price range. I've searched far and wide. Again, the only thing that comes close is the F14 SDC, which I suppose is technically still an option I would consider. That's just my opinion though which may not match yours. For example, lots of people love TE37 wheels while I think they look absolutely terrible on this platform .

I would imagine handling will be improved from stock no matter what just due to having more grip (correct me if I'm wrong) and I'm really not sure I would notice the drawbacks of a 295 on a 10" wheel in my day to day driving. It's important to keep in mind that I basically never push the handling limits of my car outside of the very-occasional track day where I run in the novice group anyway. I don't live in Cali and don't have the luxury of having canyon roads in my backyard so even runs down twisty roads are few and far between .

I totally understand and agree that a 295 on a 10" wheel is not ideal from an ultimate handling perspective, I just don't think I care about that to be honest. If I did, I would be looking at set of 18" Apex wheels. What I do care about is getting power down in 2nd gear with the supercharger and having great looking wheels...