View Single Post
      03-01-2018, 01:10 PM   #46
Iyzmi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT ESS625

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
Cool, glad you took it in the way I meant it. I have tried replica wheels in the past and the hassles of bent and cracked wheels are not for me. I will gladly pay for a higher quality product. You may want to dig a little deeper on the AG's. As shown by the post above^^

Also, another thing to keep in mind is the perspective that I'm coming from. I'm a complete wheel geek. Not sure why but I am. Further, the first thing I do to any car is attempt to improve the handling. That's my favorite aspect of this platform - tied with the exhaust note and high revving nature of the S65. The last thing I would do to the car is add a supercharger. That being said, I'm obsessed with the details of handling - hence my unwillingness to use a wheel that is not the ideal spec (or close to it) for the tires I choose. There are always compromises needed but in this case you don't need to compromise IMO. Best of luck and I hope whatever you choose works perfectly for your needs!
I've got plenty of time to make a decision and am in no rush so I'll do some more research. Basically everything I've seen on this forum is positive so that gives me some hope. I appreciate the heads up though!!

We certainly have different goals with this platform. I am more than happy with the stock handling characteristics. My very first mod was a supercharger, and I probably wouldn't own this car without one at this point to be honest. I'm right there with ya that if my goals matched yours, I would be considering completely different wheel options. Different strokes for different folks!