06-06-2019, 02:19 AM   #1
TechE
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, U11 X1

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
118k Miles vs. 52k Miles

There's 2 E90s by me right now, and I'm itching to buy one. Both are '08 models. My goal is a high power project car for weekend driving.

The first is very high mileage but has been enthusiast owned and cared for. Rod bearings have been done and throttle actuators replaced. All maintenance records on hand since new. I'm checking it out this weekend. Asking under $17k.

The lower mileage offer I don't know much about at the moment, but I can say the asking price of $28k is high. The absolute most I would pay is $24k, pending I'm very happy with it's history and condition. An immediate impression is it has not been taken care of as well as the prior, but I can't say for sure yet.

Going off limited information, which is seeming like the better route right now? I know there's no guarantee of longevity, but the lower mileage engine feels like it'd be around much longer and handle more power better. I'm torn, but seeing both in person and some chat with each owner should help, so, more to come on that.
Appreciate 0