Quote:
Originally Posted by DRLane View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFerry View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPACT View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRLane View Post
Installed the racing plugs, fresh 300V oil, and a quick drive to the dyno for NASA. Car drives great! Honestly I don't notice any improvement / difference from the previous plugs. First dyno pull was very odd as it dipped high in the RPM band. The car figured itself out.

Consecutive pulls saw material increases ending at 539/420 before I called it as I don't need anything higher. Already in TT1 with those numbers…
Thanks for sharing! That is really strong for STG1, DRLane what are your mods? I just installed my Harrop and after having an ESS625 that put down, 533rwhp, I know my kit is quite a bit shy of that power level.
That is a good question, but whatever his mods are they seem to let the Harrop 'breathe". I hope DRLane will chime in with his mods list and let us know the secret sauce applied to get those numbers. I'm guessing catless (or very high flow cats), maybe new headers, high flow air filter, a dash of E85 or at least 93 E10, BPM ECU Stage 2 flash (for Harrop?), NGK Racing plugs (one step cooler), higher flow back box mufflers.. Am I close..?
No e85, or headers. Also straight pipe rear exhaust.

But yes running a slightly different crank pulley and tune to help with the altitude gap. I'm not quite stage 2 as I'm on original Harrop kit injectors. Run drives very well!!!
Vely inderesting.. Thanks for the details. Would love to know if the high altitude "tune" is from Mr. Mike Benvo or someone else? Does the higher boost really come from spinning the blower faster with a smaller diameter nose pulley - or from some other approach with the crank pulley?

If the crank pulley were a different diameter I'm not sure what effect that would have on drive belt speed (or on the ancillaries pulley speeds). Is yours bigger or smaller diameter than the OEM crank pulley diameter?

Can you give us a tad more details about the secret sauce to generating more boost and the tune provider? Thanks for indulging me?

PS:
Your strategy sounds similar to Mike Benvo's stage 2 approach sans the bigger injectors.
It's Mike's solution for my situation. Like I said, not necessarily the true stage 2 but close. The larger diameter crank pulley is the only option to generate more boost as the SC pulley is already the smallest it can be. If you want a stage 2 setup reach out to Mike directly (not through the public forum) and have a conversation about what's possible. It took several months to have the crank pulley machined so this isn't a quick resolution. But he's super approachable and receptive to helping with your unique requirements. But again, engage him directly…
Thanks for the info. I was just interested in hearing more about your setup. I'm not wanting a stage 2 setup at the moment. I'm an advocate for Mike and agree with your sentiments. I can recall that stage 2 has been a hot topic on this forum - so you are right about direct contact if ever needed. Kudos to Mike for providing a high altitude tweak and tune. Very nice and great customer service.
Mike is very knowledgeable regarding our platform, and super hard working. I enjoy working with him. Happy to help where I can.