You got my money?
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ice Cream Truck

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heights Ag 06 View Post
I just received the F10 knob from Leather Z but paid to have the boot removed - now feeling like that was a bad decision. Has anyone installed the F10 knob and utilized their M3 boot? Not sure how to get the M3 boot off of the M3 knob? Once that is done, how do I connect the old boot to the new F10 knob?

Looked through the thread but did not see any pics or descriptions of anyone taking this approach. Thanks in advance.

I have! And I think its WAY easier than using all the M5 knob and boot. I failed on the m5 boot twice and ended up just pulling the boot as far inside out as I could to cut the m5 knob off the m5 boot. I now have clean M5 knob only.

I then cut my m3 knob off the m3 boot. Now I have the M3 boot still attached to the boot ring that snaps into the center console.

What I did was push the M3 boot down (inside out pointing down) and slide it over the metal shift pole. While I did that, I had a buddy attach the m5 knob to the pole and slide the power wire inbetween the pole and m3 shift boot so when its all together you dont see wires.

Once the knob and wire were snaked thru the boot which is being held over the pole, but with the boot inside out and over the pole. I now zipped tied the boot to the pole and pulled the boot inside right as I lowered the m3 boot ring into place on the console.

Finally I just pushed the m5 knob into place which was being held in the air to snake the power wire down the pole and boot.

No funky m5 boot issues. The m5 knob with m3 boot look seemless too.

PM me your number and I will take a pick of mine if its not in this thread.

Here is a pic showing my idea.

http://www.redlinegoods.com/ziptie.jpg

http://www.billswebspace.com/Redline...s/image024.jpg

NOTE: whast you dont see here is someone holding the M5 knob and SNAKING the M5 knobs power wire down the pole the boot is attaching too. So when you pull the boot inside right, the wire is hidden.