View Single Post
      11-10-2023, 04:03 PM   #15
Ad20058
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmw View Post
I do agree with ppointer, however, I have seen some cars sell for well below their market value. It all depends on who happens to know and bid on the auction during those 7 days. I have missed out on many cars I wanted simply because I didn't know they were for sale (and I am guessing many people like me did not know either). Thus, the car sold for as much as 40% below market value.

In OP's case, that will only be a few thousand here or there. Not to downplay that, but if you traded the car in, you'd lose those few thousand anyway. Your time is probably worth a few thousand. I have spent far greater than 10k of time trying to sell my cars (many of mine are 1-of-1, rare, or showroom, thus I refuse to give it to a stealership and I love to see a buyer happy).

I always advise people who have not done a lot of selling to try it out on various websites and get experience. If you sell it, great. If you don't, you will be very happy losing a couple thousand on BaT or CaB or even selling to a dealer.

Let us know what you decide!
Appreciate your perspective as well! So far I’m working on getting it up on Collector Chassis. If nothing there, switch to BaT.

I unfortunately turned down a few great offers a few months back. But at this time I still hadn’t bought the replacement car so I needed mine. Now that I got the X5 a few weeks ago and don’t have space for the e92, those offers we’re looking kinda good in hindsight lol.

I’ll survive 😂
Appreciate 0