Thread: Fun Daily
View Single Post
      08-14-2018, 04:30 PM   #40
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Well I think future plans may be expedited. She was driving the Jeep into work today and it died on her. Thankfully this happened only a couple miles from the house and not on the interstate, but it has me concerned with her driving it each day. I don't mind driving the Jeep and know the quirks of owning an XJ Cherokee, so I think we'll be going option B and getting her the nice, newer, and reliable car and I'll fix up the little odds and ends on the Jeep to drive each day. Bit of a shock for me realizing that it could have happened to her at 70 mph and lose power brakes/steering and not know what to do. I think it's the alternator, but I know it needs brakes, tires, bushings, etc. pretty soon. It's an old Jeep with nearly 160k miles on it at the end of the day!

Regardless, I'll fix up the Jeep and continue to drive it, but I think we're pretty set on getting an F31 wagon. Would love to find a 328dxi with M Sport. Anyone object or have a better alternative? Getting ready to start digging in deep on the F3x forums to compare 328i vs 328d wagons, but 45 mpg sure is appealing... We like the newer Grand Cherokees which are at the same price point if "similarly" equipped, but I think the F31 is the perfect all-arounder for mid to high $20k.
Appreciate 0