PACarGuy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 DCT ZCP

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyzmi View Post
I liked them as cheap DD tires for my old WRX. Were they ever hyped for their performance? I thought it was always about their value proposition.
Yeah, I guess it was skewed towards performance for the money, but they were highly regarded by Tire Rack reviewers and in tire comparos such as this one:

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...12-evo-page-10

"“Deceptively quick” is a good summation of the Hankook Ventus V12 Evos because they often didn’t feel as strong as they actually were, particularly in the dry.
In the wet, however, the V12s were as sporty and connected as they come, with grip second only to the PS2s’ and the best braking. ...Subjectively, they felt the best around the track, even though their time trailed slightly behind the Dunlops’.

With above-average wet and dry performances, and tying for quietest on the street loop, the V12 Evo is an impressive and well-rounded summer tire. And, at $106, it’s a bargain, too.
"

Complete BS other than being quiet and cheap.

Last edited by PACarGuy; 07-06-2018 at 03:15 PM..
Appreciate 0