11-05-2013, 02:34 AM   #89
N.S.A
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3 Blue Sapphire Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
A little over invoice, forget exact pricing.

It was more than I could get for a similar e93 M3 (Space gray), but when I got mine, it was one of the the first Mineral White on Red E93 M3s in SoCal, so I decided to pay a little over invoice for it rather than get the space gray, which was at invoice IIRC (or like $300 over, been a while so I forgot).

Remember, when leasing, the MSRP and selling price, while important, have little to do with the lease pricing when compared to the residual/mf

Think of it like this..
You can get a $72k Z4 35iS lease right now for about $700/month tax inc, $1k OTD, 7MSDs.

But a Porsche Boxster, with a MSRP of about $10k less (so not the S model and not fully loaded), will run you about the same, if not a tad bit more.
So why, does a car that costs $10k less, cost MORE to lease?
Porsche charges .35 per mile, versus BMW's .146 (IIRC), and they have a higher MF.
They also don't have as many rebates as BMW.

So event though my E93 M3's MSRP was priced at 83k, the reason it was a cheap lease was due to the high residual and low MF, as well as the rebates I qualified for (loyalty I remember as being one).
That's true its the residual, I always forget about that, that is why an audi s4 is more than a 335i. I get exactly of you mean. thanks man.
Appreciate 0