View Single Post
      08-30-2011, 06:37 AM   #51
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiation Joe View Post
Very well written, but I think it is difficult to argue that waking Mrs. Minivandriver from her texting stuper is not a safer condition than humming up quietly beside her.
Sure, but then that seems somewhat arbitrary. I mean, it might technically be safer if I could shoot jolts of electricity out of the front of my car toward people who appear to be driving while not paying attention to the road and their surroundings. But even if that were the case, it doesn't mean that everyone who I zap actually deserves it. I am invariably going to unjustly shock as many folks as I justly do.

Quote:
I'm no fan of obnoxious Harley riders; no amount of noise will save many of them from their own stupidity; I just get upset at the types that lump all loud pipes into the same category as the dolt that revs his loud engine on Sunday morning in a residential neighborhood.
I see your point. I would say that good judgement should prevail. For those that lack it, it doesn't matter what vehicle they have or anything else for that matter. They are going to be douche's at some point.
Appreciate 0