View Single Post
      03-13-2019, 10:18 AM   #39
Choppa'
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by deansbimmer View Post
Crazy to hear of these issues.

New headlights need to be coded in. I wouldn't think Carmax has the software to do this correctly but it should be a simple solution.

The carbon roof on this car has plenty of clear coat on it. It's not going to yellow. Carbon yellowing over time is due to UV exposure to the resin or original gel coat. Many CF vendors claim to have UV gel coat applied (in the mold = lol) but really all carbon parts should have 2k urethane clear applied after receiving.

DKG is the German abbreviation for Mechatronics. Same thing. I wouldn't put the dealership above any blame or suspicion. These recall items are usually done in a rush with the techs often pushing the envelope with safety in an effort to do the job faster. It is entirely possible that the tech purposefully didn't disconnect the battery and accidentally shorted the module. Or who knows...Don't expect an honest explanation of what went wrong- they'll pay the blame game. You're getting a lot of freebies on top of a steal of a price for the car. The inconvenience is worth the outcome.
Oh they admitted it’s their fault. Even though I’m not getting a clear explanation
From my service advisor, I’m glad they are taking care of it. So far I’ve gotten the hood and trunk actuators replaced, a new oil cap, a new driver side headlight, offered 4 new tires, and a new mechatronics unit without having to pay anything and getting to drive a loaner car. The car itself drives and looks fantastic and I am more than happy with the purchase.
Appreciate 0