View Single Post
      11-17-2018, 01:27 PM   #1
MaximusB
Major
Rep
Drives: 13 Frozen White E92

Beginner HPDE setup

Hello,

I signed up for a few HPDE events for next year, first one starts in May. This will be my first time on the track. Previously I have done a few car control clincs with my E92 and some autocross with my other car.

This being my first time driving on the track I want to make sure I prep the car properly. What are the things that is a must do before going on the track?
Based on what I gathered through this forum and talking to other people, the brakes on this car tends to fade rather quick. So that’s what I want to address first, even though some people suggested the stock setup is eough for beginner. Since I will be doing at least 3 HPDE, chances are I will need to replace the brakes at some point in between events. So why not do it before the first one and have one less thing to worry about to start.

So brake wise I’m thinking of just doing pads and fluid first. Get through the season and see if I need to upgrade.

Fluid: still researching but I think I’ve narrow down to castrol or motul.
Pads: seems like PFC are the better choice. I want something that I can use on the street as well as able to handle track duty. Anything else you guys can recommend?

Any other advice for a beginner? My goal is to stay safe, have fun and avoid any potential breakdown. I’m not worry about going fast around the track, I’m sure that will come with time and practice.
Appreciate 0