View Single Post
      10-28-2020, 06:04 PM   #128
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER View Post
I agree that people need to stay home when they have symptoms. Cold? Flu? Corona? Let's wait and see. Here we agree.

But with the rest we don't. Germany publishes it's number of available ICU beds, as do many EU nations. And you don't end up in one if you show up at the hospital with a minor fever.

So to simply say that it's just a tooth ache is indecorous at best.

As of Monday I will be under lockdown again. Germany had nearly 15,000 new cases yesterday, and the hospitals are filling up. Rational decisions drive the behavior of the heads of the German states. And the warning of health experts in US or elsewhere, who strangely all say the same thing by the way. As much as you and posts like yours try to make it seem political, it's not.

It's rational. There is a breaking point of the medical system, and the aim is to keep the infections below that point, while trying to stay open.

I project (just my opinion) that in the US this will also happen soon. Much like it followed the first wave in EU. Unless people take measures, which doesn't seem likely.
High level, the hospitals aren't "filling up" in the US and are far better prepared than back in March. The media is in fact denying that we've made any progress whatsoever, obviously for political reasons.

Agreed we should be watching metrics like hospitalizations, but "cases" has become a pretty meaningless stat. Far, far more testing than in March and 99% are getting well at home, eating Doordash and watching Netflix.

We should also be making sure we only hospitalize when it's necessary, not just because people have Covid symptoms.
Appreciate 2
5.M0NSTER3353.50
jmack548.50