View Single Post
      02-23-2016, 05:28 PM   #92
BwoodBMW
Colonel
Rep
Drives: EFFEIGHTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by imserious View Post
Hilarious. I participated on a task force whose mission it was to implement on campus recruiting to increase the number of fresh college grads. Part of that approach was educating hiring managers on what motivates and keeps millennials engaged. I was like, "how about a well paying job in a company that is growing?" No, instead it was something like being able to make a tangible difference in making society a better place. Oh, I forgot. We were hiring superheros, not programmers and analysts.
This is exactly right... except they aren't principled about it. So even when they feel like they are changing the world they will still jump ship for $5k more/yr at the company 3 doors down. As dumb as it is we have found that you have to appeal to their lifestyle expectations. Cool office space. A free weekly yoga class, paying $20/month for a gym membership, monthly company barbecues, solid treats/good coffee machines etc...

Even though they could pay for that on their own for $1k-$2k/yr it will keep them more loyal and reduce churn.
Appreciate 0