04-21-2009, 10:15 PM   #228
ScotyH
Bimmer me up
Rep
Drives: 08 M3, 2010 GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyg View Post
Hey ScotyH,

I have a killer 2 channel setup at home. Killer analog and pretty good digital. I have some vinyl and some plastic, love my vinyl though, pops and clicks and all.

I am a sound geek but the car is the worst environment for good sound so I get my kicks at home.

Don't tell me you used to work at JB's selling stuff too? I was dropping subs all over the place from '92-95. I had a Honda Civic that had a single 12" that could kick your *ss playing some amazing music

What was up with the M, was it the cam sensor all screwed?
Sparkyg, 2 channel isn't my gig at home. I don't seem to make the time to be able to sit down & listen to music. I vegetate in my theater room & escape into a good movie.

Cars are generally very poor listening environments but it's the only time I'm able to enjoy a decent tune at higher volumes. The quality of components & the electronics available to address the crappy environment are readily available for not too steep of a price(subjective).

Most people that have heard my car so far can't believe their ears.

I've never worked at JB's but in that era there were a few talented guys there. I don't think the same could be said today, unfortunately.

My car at a whopping 63km's on the odo threw an increased emissions code.
It took 5 visits to get it fixed, but it's all good now.
Appreciate 0