Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3LOL View Post
eh..
"take away the leather interior"- while the interior is much better on the bmw, they both have leather
"Sports seats"- the seats are not more sport oriented in the m3, better yes, but not more sport oriented
"414HP NA V8"- 415 can be had in an sti for about $600, but the 300+ wtq at 3000 rpm cannot be had in the m3 for any price.
"carbon roof"- yeah, its cool
"EDC suspension"- whtvr, im in sport at all times
"DCT transmission"- NOT i plus imo
"and the ability to program all that to "M Mode"- there is the si drive in the subie that is similar, only controls the engine mapping though.
"and you almost have a Subaru"- so take the do-hickeys, but leave the performance?
The interiors are from different planets as far as I'm concerned. I actually liked the 04 interior better than the 08. The 08 feels like they tried to dress it up and fell short IMO. I liked the 05 interior the best our of the recent STi's.

The seats in the M3 are highly adjustable - does the new STi have adjustable seats? My 04 didn't and it kind of sucked. Specifically, I love the adjustable bolsters which hold you in place very well.

I didn't want the DCT personally, but the thing is freaking amazing.

The M mode could definitely be better done in the M3 - I wish they had multiple profiles instead of just on or off.

There's nothing wrong with a Subaru, but there is very little that is similar about driving an M3 and an STi - they drive totally differently.
Appreciate 0