09-23-2018, 06:29 PM   #415
cmyE93M3
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexshive View Post
Someone please shed some light on this class action lawsuit and when the trial date and or know of a verdict? anyone? Bueller? I have spark plugs that are smashed from cylinder 5 with a rod bearing failure but the motor still runs just cant get it out of limp mode anymore. the piston on cyl 5 has created too many hot spots at this point and can't correct itself with fuel and timing is what myself and a hand full of reputable bmw mechanics and master techs have came up with. Im about to tear the motor down and rebuild myself as I have done successful motor rebuilds and have the means to do so with some help along the way of course. If I can at least get the parts for a smaller cost but am most likely going to get ARP hardware and aftermarket pistons along with aftermarket bearings that are reputable. I would love to catch BMW with their dick in their hands if i tear this down and can prove some negligence or get something out of this deal? Bueller? anyone?
You're not the first, nor the last, many have either just reserved themselves to the fact the rod bearings are wear items with no feasible way of detecting when the ideal time is to replace. I just did my rod bearings at 75K (last week), they were in need. I debated doing it since May, but gave in knowing $2K is cheaper than $12K on a rebuilt motor.

Relating to the class action lawsuit, whatev's...Most of us would of moved on long before that ever gets settled, if at all.
2020 Toyota 4Runner TRD (fun truck)
2014 Tesla Model S P85 (wicked car)
2011.5 E92 M3 | Space Grey | ADV.1?s
Appreciate 0