06-28-2018, 03:47 PM   #33
Tyresian
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 230xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGuru View Post
I just drove a Guila about 30 minutes ago. Few things I liked and few I did not.
Overall quality of the build and materials, great.
Handling was great. Get up was a little slow but my 335is with DCT if FBO, Tuned with Flex Fuel.
I did not like the feel of the transmission. It was quick to shift but seems like the shift points are off.
Brakes felt fine to me.
"Infotainment" was nice.
But for the price I think I might opt for something else. I only drove it for about 30 minutes so that is not a lot of time to give an assessment but I just wanted to share my impression.
I think for the price it actually offers a lot, minus the reliability and repair time risk. Also there are deals to be had, I see you're in MI. I'm in WI and was even debating driving to OH as the dealers there have had a lot of deals since March. (They were offering 6k off any new 2018 Giulias and there was a week they offered 8k off trying to meet a sales goal, just checked and they have $7k off 2018s and they ship nationwide)

Also on the Giulia, the Ti Performance Package with the LSD is a MUST, it was so awesome even though I drove the AWD version which I believe isn't a true LSD but instead torque vectoring. Either way, it was a blast to drive.

I think your point on the transmission is valid, also the car felt like it ran a little rough, and this is a bit of a problem with direct injected turbo fours but my 230 isn't nearly as unrefined. But I guess it can feel "sporty" if that's what you're looking for. It wasn't bad, just was something I noticed.