View Single Post
      08-20-2020, 07:44 PM   #1
MisterClutch888
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT ZCP

My first bimmer, E92 AW x FR, 6MT. Carbon roof is oh-so-sexy.

So very long story, please bare with me. I always been an Audi enthusiast, is not that easy to switch to a BMW. But i really want to experience the M car hype that everyone is raving. So far been definitely exceed my expectation in "stock" form. Oh and i do still have my audis

Anyhow, i was looking for a clean E46 M3, coupe, 6mt for a few months. Looked at over 8 of them and finally agreed on the sellers price and decided to put a deposit on one. The moment i said "deposit", the seller went, "its okay! Im going to sell it to you regardless!" Its a very rare individual color, 6mt coupe, low mileage and good condition. Good spec right? Well, then the deal became complicated. Anyhow! Lets move on.

So then my good friend recommended me to looking into the E9x, he himself has a E90 M3 6mt. He said it is a newer chassis with the v8, possibly less problem, quite possibly the last NA V8 for M3. Then i started doing my research, and found that the e9x dont have the subframe problem, dont have the vanos problem, share the rod bearings problem. Possible idle valve and throttle actuators, but thats preventative maintenance, so thats totally fine. I checked out one a few, and kinda got a feel for it. And came to a conclusion that the carbon roof and 6MT is a must for me.

During the hunt, there was one that sticks out on autotrader.ca, it had bad pictures (attached some screen shots from the ad), bad short description, price been reduced and is 7 hours away from vancouver. I emailed and texted the owner, got the VIN number, got more pics, realized he purchased from a local bmw dealer 3 years ago. He only drove it about 10,000km through the 3 years of ownership, only drove it in the summer for some road trips. Is a 2008, 92000km, alpine white with fox red interior, carbon roof, 6MT, basically has everything other than edc. So i decided to find the closest reputable shop 30mins from the seller, and requested the seller to drive over and get the ppi done. The seller went, "we have a budget brake and muffler here thats really close to me and very experienced. I also had serviced my car a few times there and they knew my car in and out." Argghhhhhhh! I dont want to bring it to your shop for ppi, i want a honest opinion. So went back and forth and he finally willing to drive 30mins for the ppi. Saturday morning came, the car arrived to the shop bright and early, eagerly waiting for the result. Owner of the shop finally called, said everything is in good working order, but slight paint mismatch on one of the panels, 7% left on front brakes, some paint chipped, no registered battery and some random codes. No big deal right? I asked him in ur opinion is it worth buying? He said no! Cause to fix the paint, he thought it needs at least $5000. I didnt think so. I talked to the seller, got him to reduce the price a little more. Rushed to the bank right before closing, purchased the bank draft and the way we go.

UPDATED PICS WITH CURRENT STATUS OF THE CAR (MAY 1ST, 2021)
Attached Images

Slow Build

Last edited by MisterClutch888; 10-14-2021 at 01:58 PM..
Appreciate 5