View Single Post
      04-15-2023, 12:33 AM   #33
Hein Jockins
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 340, 08 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca86108 View Post
Any updates on this thread? How many track days and street miles are you getting out of a set? I only got one day out of my regular pilot sports before the inner edge melted away. I’m looking to get the 4s. I am wondering how many street miles plus track days you have done before you get to the wear bars???

Also, can you add camber plates to a stock suspension? What do you recommend to reduce wear on the outsides?

I do 5-7 track days per year, daily drive the car, and run intermediate group.
I used PS4S for my first 3 track events I did cause the car was a street car then so those were the tires I had. I quickly outgrew the tires, and at the time I was on stock suspension with maxed out front camber around -1.2. I wore the edges of the tires and ended up chunking them. Switched to 200tw (RT660 at the time) and you would have to tie me down and force me to use pilot sports on a race track in the dry now. For someone doing 1-2 events a year in novice I think they’re perfect and there’s no reason to justify spending $1500 for a set of 200tw for a fun DE.

Camber plates will most definitely help reduce outer edge wear and I will also suggest running marginally higher pressures. I’m just now getting coilovers and camber plates, so I have loads of track events with a stock suspension setup, and I would shoot for 40psi hot—as I found lower pressures would chunk the edges and reduce wear. Not ideal, but definitelt helps with longevity.
Appreciate 1
rhyary1564.50