04-25-2014, 08:04 PM   #12
Mdriv3r
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F13 M6

Garage List
08 E92 M3 ABS,DSC,DBC lights, and Hill start Malfunction

Was driving and today the ABS, DCT,DBC warning lights came on. Also, cruise control is disabled and the traction control light is on (yellow with ! exclamation point). It also said there is a hill start malfunction. It goes away when I stop the car and shut it off. When I start it again everything is fine after hitting 30 mph for awhile the lights come back. Gonna check the speed senors, because IO have no idea what the problem could be. I check the error codes with two different readers and there were no error codes, everything said okay. I also tried each reader multiple times. So, do I need a special reader for this??? Or could it be the speed sensor or battery? I did have my iphone charging and plugged in (inside car with engine off for an hour today while at an appointment). After I left that place, the lights came on, then went way and came back with the frequency as described above. Really worried about this... Plan to take it to where I bought it tomorrow, but that's a3.5Hr dirve, so if anyone can help me crack this tonight, I would be very thankful. Also, I have read alot about this today and understand the price ranges for repairs, but since I have no codes and the car still seems to run great... I am really not sure.
Appreciate 0