Alex07M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Evo X MR, A4 Allroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Steel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07M3 View Post
I own both cars and I'm not sure I share your view on the M3 mods being much more expensive and less effective! Sure you can choose to buy some expensive parts that wont up your power too much like any catback system, but you can also have some cost effective options like testpipes/tune/drop in filter/pulley or simply bolt-on a VT1 and test pipes like I did and you'll have plenty of hp/$. On the Evo, a part from the tune that gives you a big chunk of power, the rest of the bolt ons are not that cheap considering the gains, specially if you want to play in the M3 power levels. Also you willl need a lot of supporting mods that you won't need in the M3, like boost controller, gauges, clutch, intercooler and all the piping, ect...

In the end, I think that wether you want 400whp or 500whp both cars have some pretty good low cost options that you can intall yourself(I installed the VT1 in my friends driveway, it's not that difficult if you know what you're doing)! The difference with the M3 is that there's nothing in the middle, it's either 400whp or +500whp!
I guess relative is what I'm talking about, because I installed a centrifugal supercharger, KB boost a pump, larger injectors, meth, and headers etc. and then got it tuned. This moved my Corvette from 430 Hp and after tune it was approx. 700 HP at the crank and it cost me under 9k...I don't think you will see those kinda gains for that price on the M3 so I guess
Yep, but we were comparing M3 to Evo, not M3 to Corvette!
Appreciate 0