View Single Post
      06-14-2013, 06:17 PM   #8
JFlo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW M3 Coupe DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
It really depends on the paint on the car. Some paints like Jet Black are notoriously soft. You can do correction with an all in one like Werkstat Prime let alone pure polishes. Others are harder. I find that the Porter Cable with the 5 inch pads can do some good correction if you work it well.

My go-to combo is the low profile lake country hydrotech 5 inch pads with Carpro Fixer. Just by varying the pads, you can have a lot of cut or a finishing polish and no dust at all. Works great for simplicity and ease of use.

Menzerna SIP works great as well, but you really need a rotary polisher to make use of it. With the rotary you have to be really careful, you can burn paint easily. I've seen it happen and the end result is you need to repaint the panel... not fun. SIP and most Menzerna products also dust a lot.
Thanks for the insight! But really!? I didnt know the different colors would have a different "hardness". I thought it was all in the clear coat, which I would imagine being the same across all the colors. Any insight on how the interlagos blue paint is?

But as you mention about the rotary and burning the paint is why I havent taken that step quite yet. I have lots of training with my PC but Im afraid of damaging the paint with a rotary. Thats' why I was considering something like the Makita BO6040 or the Flex 3401 as a happy medium, never tried it myself or seen it in use.
Appreciate 0