View Single Post
      09-19-2012, 10:28 PM   #11
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

Here's some information about new engines that will appear mid-cycle for the 3rd generation IS -

"This evening I went to a grand opening event for Lexus of Santa Barbara and got to meet Stephen from Lexus Headquarters. Some of you may have met him at the Lexus of Westminster meet. He's the guy that showed up in the silver ISF CCS-R style prototype. I believe him to be a pretty credible source.

He shared some info with me regarding the 3IS. As we know, it's going to be released next June as a 2014 model with the same drivetrains as the current generation. However during the mid cycle refresh of the 3IS, the 250 model will get a twin turbo 4 cylinder engine, while the 350 will be upgraded to a twin turbo 6 cylinder with over 350 HP...which is what I'll be waiting for."

The initial debut will of the 3IS will be with the old 3.5 N/A 306 HP V6 and 2.5L N/A 204 HP V6, but the mid-cycle refresh engines show a lot of promise as far as tuning goes (factory twin turbo with 350 HP stock? I'll take it).

Couple more pictures -

Appreciate 0