reidetailing
Alex - IG @screamer
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 SS E90, 11 Moonstone E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyatth View Post
Good stuff!

Post 23 - is that a 335 with M3 body work, or an M3 with a 335 rear bumper? Guessing the former, but that's a lot of money to drop on a 335.

Hey Wyatt,

Correct, it is a 335 with M3 body work...lots of money went into that car!

Welcome back everyone and thank-you for stopping by to this week’s update.

In case you missed the teaser from last update, I have some exciting news to share. Given the current state of Sky’s underside components being for the majority worn and rusted, I was able to find a somewhat better condition subframe for the M3 locally.

Here’s a picture of it:

The reason for me purchasing this is so that I can still drive Sky, while being able to disassemble the spare subframe, send it to Mark@Fireball Coatings, and have him sandblast and powdercoat it. In addition to that, I would also be able to have my suspension components (Turner Motorsport Solid Diff and Subframe Bushings) pressed into the refinished subframe, so that I can save as much time and money as possible, given this new setup eventually being fully prepped and ready for install.

I will first be taking the subframe to my good friends at Touge Tuning to fully disassemble every single bushing and component off of the subframe, to prep it for Mark@Fireball Coatings to work his magic.

I will then be consulting with my friend Brett (M3Post Member:"slicer"), who will be helping me source some of the best suspension components available for the E9X platform. Such brands will include SPL, MSI, Future Classic, Hotchkis, etc. I’m really looking forward to collaborating with Brett and taking Sky to the next level!

Moving on, I wanted to let you all know that my Dinan exhaust is fully finished! Mark@Fireball Coatings brought this Dinan exhaust back to life, just as he did for my Challenge Race X-Pipe! I’ve always been pleased with Mark’s work, he always delivers a quality finish.

For this restoration project, I had Mark sandblast, and coat the exhaust primarily in the silver ceramic coating for heat retention. I wanted to make the exhaust look similar to how it came from Dinan, so we decided to ceramic coat the tips matte black. The only feature I lost was the Dinan Laser-Engraving on the tips, due to the sandblasting process.

Please enjoy the pictures:

Thank-you all for checking out this week’s update!
- 2008 BMW E90 M3 - Silverstone - Racecar

Last edited by reidetailing; 07-11-2020 at 09:53 PM..
Appreciate 2