View Single Post
      01-24-2006, 11:33 AM   #45
timzerofive
there is no spoon
Rep
Drives: 330i manual

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Hey I enjoy the Clippers immensely, but the spotlight still belongs to Kobe and the Lakers. Sad to say, until the Clippers actually plays and beat out the Lakers in the playoff, they'll always be the OTHER LA team. I mean who knows, Sterling might revert back to his old self at the end of the season and decides to not sign anyone who needs resigning and let the team fall apart once more. Too many let downs led me to feel indifferent about the Clips.

Remember the old Danny Manning-Charles Smith-Ron Harper-Elmore Spencer-Robert "the Tractor" Traylor days? I was at the game where Elmore Spencer guarded the new talent of the league, Shaquille O'Neal. Elmore outplayed him in every which way, and the Clips beat the Magics. I still remember Danny Manning running down court pumping his fist after making a jumper putting the dagger into the heart of the Magics.

Remember the not so old Darius Miles-Lamar Odom-Q days? It was the most exciting Clippers basketball ever, for about 3 months. All so promising, all led to a tremendous let down. As much as I've rooted for the underdog clips, Lakers has always been what basketball games are all about. Certainly, no team can be always perfect, no ONE can be always perfect. But those moments of perfection is what we watch sports for.