View Single Post
      03-30-2013, 08:35 AM   #1
SanquintinB
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: My feet!

E92 335i or E46 M3

Hey guys I posted this on BimmerForums also and I figured I wouldn't get much bias here due to the fact that while you all are ///M drivers, you also drive the E9X chassis.

I'm a college student but I live with my parents and I have 2 jobs to support my gear head habit. I drive an 02 Honda Accord & now that it is payed off, I want a Bimmer as a weekend only/fun car. I'm stuck in between a CPO E92 335i & an E46 M3. The 335i will undoubtedly cost more but the CPO allows me to save money on maintenence/repairs. What matters most to me is fun behind the wheel, head turning ability, and engine/exhaust note is a big deal to me as an audiophile. Both cars are plenty fast for me so mods will probably just be aesthetics & noise mods. I'm also prepared for maintenence in the ///M

I'm looking to spend 25k-27k max on the ///M but willing to spend 30k-32k on a CPO 335i. How much mileage is 'too much' for the M3? Can anyone chime in on what you think I should spend my money on, based on what I've told you? Any input from those who owned both cars is highly appreciated.

Thanks.
-Bryan
Appreciate 0