View Single Post
      03-06-2013, 02:26 PM   #128
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by shah269 View Post
Back on topic, these books and these articles are more than just about getting laid.
yes getting laid is very very nice and let me tell you...fun!
But what I suggest you do is not only read these books and articles to help you get laid but to do better in your life and business.
The same tools you learn about with respect to posture and dress and behavior which may lead you the well educated the well meaning man to break down the bitch shield of the nice girl at the end of the bar will also help you better understand the dynamic of your work environment. And why people do what they do.

I grew up as the only tan person in an all white town…everyone thought I was a terrorist because I was from iran…not good. And not good for my ego. So growing up I had none, and well it showed not only in my dress but in the way I sat and stood.
My turning point came when I was at university, you know when people walk up and mock punch you in the gut and say “ha ha got you asshole”
Well I use to be that guy who my friends would do that to.
Until I started reading some of these books and when people in halls would mock punch me…I just stood there tall…and even took a few.
I could, I worked out I was athletic and still am. So what’s a punch in the gut from a friend. I just took it and smiled.
It was that my friend was trying to show his dominance to the world so that he would get laid via the fake punch to the gut…but when I stopped falling for it….i broke his mojo.
This worked for me when I went off to work. The CEO of my former company in Finland was Swedish (Swedes being a minority in Finland) and I was the new hire. He tried that a few time…the fake punches and I just sat there and smiled and showed how physical response.
Not only did I gain his respect but I gained the respect of his very attractive secretary who had very attractive friends.

I know you think you are very evolved and very intelligent…but the reality of the situation is that if it wasn’t for our ability to communicate and have thumbs we are just hairless apes. We are primitive in our wants, our desires and our actions.

So if you wish to evolve and grow…read, learn and be more.
Must have been tough being different, I spent my childhood in Canada but was probably too young for any bullying. Back in HK at a international school with roughyl equal number of whites/chinese/other races occasionally someone would 'test' me but I would literally wave a fist at them, I was never large but in my family I guess my dad let me do that (with an older brother) so i was never afraid to fight people. The white kids just back when you stand up for yourself, this is vastly predominatly chinese city, but was still under colonial rule (British, pre 1997) so the races were on a more equal footing I guess. I only had to punch a korean softy once who was in my class when he made fun of me (admitely, not nice, i had/have no social manners) and another time a chinese guy 2 yrs older (but around the same size) stole my ball so I chased him down and a teacher stopped us. The only time I got my ass handed to me when I was tackled hard by a gweilo (white guy) in rugby, but in hindsight that was my fault, cuz i kinda let him, and I didn't know how to tackle/be tackled properly. And the time that hurt I got punched HARD by a fat FAT white kid everyone was making fun of, right in chest with no apology... I just groaned and thought "Ok never make fun of the fat kid again."
Needless to say, this strategy is not wise when you are not at home, I waved my fist at this little thieving/crazy highschool kid/guy who was messing with my bag on what appeared to be a highschool trip in Venice, I was backpacking with two other nerdy chinese guys. bad idea, that one guy only was MENTAL and started swinging like he was on drugs, I ducked/ran but the guy who was a mega bruce lee fan and was showing off his kicks etc all the time FROZE and got his glasses knocked down, the other non-violent Italian kids picked it up for him but the guy was mental just chasing all of us swinging .. in the middle of freaking VENICE tourist capital of the world. Those guys probably hate me now I kinda get being violent only works when you are in a safe environment with teachers/law etc. and kids are left to duke it out amongst themselves.
moral: I can stand up for myself. But that still leaves the 99 other things that are wrong with me..
Appreciate 0