View Single Post
      01-16-2018, 11:50 PM   #25
Mpower04
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Little update for today, "snow day" in Austin so I got some work done on the car. I finished the paint correction and ceramic coating, pics will come when the car is back on the ground. My aim was not perfection but significant improvement which was achieved. Next, I got started on prepping the car for rod bearings and the other maintenance items/upgrades. I also purchased Ohlins R&T with Ground Control camber plates through EAS. I had been eyeing them for some time when I had my E46 M3 but never could do it, very excited to get them!

Most of what I used on the exterior;

Untitled by jake ellegard, on Flickr

There some fairly large rock chips. I used the touch up paint I had for my E46 (carbon black) and it actually came out pretty nice.

After, I don't have any close ups at the moment.

O-ring on the oil filter cap looks to be herniated and possibly the culprit of the following pictures. I don't think the DCT pan is leaking because the tray is dry but I think it's the oil cap o-ring leaking down and the wind making it go every where, we'll see.

About to bust and overflow with oil, this was after it drained out the bottom too. Is this normal? The car was not warm so the oil was thicker than normal but I still feel like it shouldn't overflow when removing the filter.

From what I believe to be the oil filter cap...

Dirty air filter, wonder how long it's been in there... I have a BMC filter waiting to go in.

Draining fluids, looks to be OEM coolant that looks fresh so that's a plus. Unfortunately, as with LITERALLY EVERY E9X I or a buddy has taken the fan out on the coolant overflow line snaps at the upper radiator hose. I should've thought ahead and just bought a new upper and overflow hose, I played myself.

Looks clear but it's blue;

These were ever so close to being completely rounded out. It is beyond me why people don't just replace them every change or when they begin to round. The 6MM hex wouldn't even fit into it to take it off, I had to use a T40. I'm just glad they came out.

My rod bearings/bolts got delayed due to weather so they won't be here tomorrow as previously scheduled.
Appreciate 1